01 Sep APPLICATIONS OPEN: SCHOOL OF LOCKDOWN x YOUTH MUSIC INCUBATOR
This is big. We’re throwing open the doors and giving you the keys to Lyrix Organix! We are seeking SIX of the next gen of under-represented event makers and creative upstarts – aged 18-25 years old.
School of Lockdown (SOL) is a live music industry incubator supported by Youth Music’s Incubator Fund.
1. CLICK FOR ‘GUIDE TO APPLICATION’ (Text overview below)
WHAT IS ON OFFER?
- Paid internship with Lyrix Organix (7 months @£250 per month)
- Get paid to attend live event industry workshops & masterclasses by leading experts (15 in total)
- Co-produce two shows at the legendary Union Chapel as a team
- Learn about Event Management for live and hybrid (live+online) events
- Designed for freelancers & part time creatives
- Full details via ‘Guide To Applications’ (BELOW)
- [EDIT] All workshops, masterclasses & events will be at venue TBC (North or East London)
- You must be available to physically attend all the workshops/events below
- If COVID restrictions apply to venues, any of this can be adapted for online.
WHEN IS IT?
– these are likely dates – exact dates TBC
- Start: Friday 3 December 2021
- Workshops/Masterclasses: every two weeks
- Dec 3, 10 & 17 Dec – weekly sessions for Dec only
- Jan 7 & 21
- Feb 4 & 18
- Mar 4 & 18
- Event 1: w/c 28 March 2022
- Apr 8 & 22
- May 6 & 20
- Jun 3
- Event 2: w/c 13 June 2022
- Jul 1 – final session
WHO ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
- 18-25 year olds
- Everyone welcome. We encourage those under-represented or marginalised in the live music industry to apply.
- We are seeking a multi-talented, balanced team.
- Not only those interested in Event Management roles (eg Production, Stage Managers, Artist Liaison, Programmers)… but also social media, marketing, film & media, content creators and administrators.
HOW DO I APPLY?
We will be using Videoask as an accessible, simple, video-based (optional) application system.
- Watch the ‘Guide To Applications’ on Videoask (BELOW)
- this will give you overview of the programme, help you practice and see the Qs in advance.
- No data is recorded, you can visit this as many times as you like.
- Prepare your answers
- there are 8 key questions (in Guide) + 9 basic demographic questions (not in Guide)
- It should take a total of 20 mins max to complete.
- You can answer by video, audio or text.
- Closed Captions available on Videoask (click ‘CC’ button)
- Submit your Application via Videoask (BELOW): THE DEADLINE PASSED ON 30 SEPT, SORRY!
- Successful (and unsuccessful) applicants will be notified about interviews by Fri 7 October
Any questions or problems? Please email Alice on firstname.lastname@example.org
School of Lockdown – and its live stream Twitch sister ‘Lockdown Your Aerial’ – emerged out of COVID lockdown with online workshops, mentor programmes & gigs supporting independent artists, stuck at home, without income in the long days 2020/21. Lyrix Organix produced live streams featuring Che Lingo, Lex Amor at Union Chapel, and on Twitch with Channel One Soundsystem, Footsie, Inua Ellams, Inja, Love Ssega and many more.
Lyrix Organix has produced live events, live streams & education programmes since 2009; at Glastonbury Festival, UK Beatbox Championships, Roundhouse, Royal Albert Hall; from Ethiopia to Cuba. Flying the flag for independent music and spoken word with alumni including Akala, Kae Tempest, Ed Sheeran and Michael Kiwanuka. Championing youth platforms and social change since day.
This programme is generously supported by Youth Music Incubator Fund